With the current financial crisis the way it is at present, and with no light at the end of the tunnel any time soon, what better way to fix and mend your home wares than with WD-40.
DIY doesn’t need to be such hard work with the help of WD-40, the world’s best-loved multi purpose lubricant.
What better time to reach for the tools. So be rest assured WD-40’s top tips will help to make DIY disasters a thing of the past.
WD-40 can help to solve hundreds of problems, from a stuck fast tap, to a screw that just won’t budge.
Sometimes all you need is a lick of paint to brighten up the place.
- A spray of WD-40 will help to loosen stubborn lids on paint tins whilst coating doorknobs in WD-40 prior to painting will help to stop stray paint from sticking.
- If it’s your window frames that need some TLC, first apply WD-40 to the glass to protect it from stray paint flecks.
- If your DIY isn’t quite going to plan, don’t panic; WD-40 may come to your rescue! A simple squirt of WD-40 can help remove paint marks from tiles and tile flooring, black streaks from hardware floors and sawing dust from tools and surfaces.
- Treating exposed nail heads with WD-40 will prevent rusting and keep them looking like new.
- Scraping paint can be back breaking work. Apply WD-40 to a painted surface before scraping to help it come off more easily.
- WD-40 works to drive out moisture creating an ideal parting agent between a surface and a sealant.
- It’s not always true when they say “a bad workman blames his tools”. Essential tools like pliers, drills and wrenches need continual maintenance and care to keep them in good working condition. A regular squirt of WD-40 will help keep them rust and corrosion free.
- Protect your shower heads from rust and remove all gunks with a spray of WD-40.